Hello Ward 7 residents,
Today Council met (remotely) to deal with some urgent business. Below is a brief list of the items that were approved and/or announced at that meeting – and please check here for more details:
- As of Friday, Transit fares will not be collected. Transit users will access buses via the rear door to minimize contact between riders and operators. The front ramp will remain available for those who require it.
- City Hall is now closed to the public. A number of key business functions will remain available online, so please check the city’s website for more information.
- Residential Parking Permit areas will have restrictions suspended and residential overtime parking will no longer be enforced in order to accommodate residents remaining in their homes.
- Penalties and late charges for utilities and property taxes are being deferred until September 30th. This will apply to residential and commercial accounts, and no utilities will be disconnected during this time.The City will continue to work with residents on regular payments to ensure nobody falls behind.
- Payments under the lead line replacement program are being deferred until 2021.
I know residents have lots of questions during this time, and right now we are working through these issues as quickly as possible. Things like school zone enforcement and metered parking enforcement are on the radar, but we don’t yet have confirmed answers to all of these questions. Please continue to share your questions with me, and announcements and updates will be made as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we work through this!
All the best,
City Councillor, Ward 7